Weather is difficult to predict even with the help of the latest in forecasting technology. But an accurate weather outlook is crucial for air traffic management. As such, meteorological forecast uncertainty should be included in the decision-making process. The EU-funded FMP-Met project will develop a multi-sector, multi-source convective weather information application for flow management position (FMP). The aim is to provide the FMP with an intuitive and interpretable probabilistic assessment of the impact of convective weather on operations, up to 8 hours in advance. The overall goal of the project is to improve decision-making in traffic flow management, which will ultimately reduce flight delays and improve passenger journeys.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR-ER4-05-2019)
- 1st May 2020 – 31st Oct. 2022
- Budget: € 849.000
- Project No: 885919
This project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 885919. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the SESAR JU members other than the Union.
- FMP-Met at SIDs’20Check the video teaser we presented at SIDs’2020 and download our poster
- FMP-Met Steering Board MeetingOn Nov. 10th, FMP-Met had its first Steering Board Committe to review the status of the project after the first 6 months
- FMP-Met participating at ER & IR Met and Env workshopFMP-Met is participating at ER & IR Met and Env workshop on Oct- 1st, bringing toghether SESAR IR and ER projects. The agenda was as follows: Welcome (SJU) 09h30 – 09h40 (10′) Solutions 29.2&29.3 (ECTRL) 09h40 – 10h10 (30′) FlyATM4E … More FMP-Met participating at ER & IR Met and Env workshop