Weather is difficult to predict even with the help of the latest in forecasting technology. But an accurate weather outlook is crucial for air traffic management. As such, meteorological forecast uncertainty should be included in the decision-making process. The EU-funded FMP-Met project will develop a multi-sector, multi-source convective weather information application for flow management position (FMP). The aim is to provide the FMP with an intuitive and interpretable probabilistic assessment of the impact of convective weather on operations, up to 8 hours in advance. The overall goal of the project is to improve decision-making in traffic flow management, which will ultimately reduce flight delays and improve passenger journeys.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR-ER4-05-2019)
- 1st May 2020 – 31st Oct. 2022
- Budget: € 849.000
- Project No: 885919
This project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 885919. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the SESAR JU members other than the Union.
- ENGAGE KTN #TC3 4th WorkshopOn September 9th, Engage KTN will hold the 4th Workshop of Thematic challenge 3 – Efficient provision and use of meteorological information in ATM. This edition will explore the MET&ENV topics requiring future research, development or community collaboration. The workshop will … More ENGAGE KTN #TC3 4th Workshop
- Use casesIn order to showcase the concept and the method that are being developed within FMP-Met project, we have selected four representative days that feature different convective activity in the Austrian Airspace. Check the videos below!
- Intermediate Review MeetingFMP-Met is having its Intermediate Review Meeting on July 6th. We will review the first year of the project and plan for the second year of the project.