Weather is difficult to predict even with the help of the latest in forecasting technology. But an accurate weather outlook is crucial for air traffic management. As such, meteorological forecast uncertainty should be included in the decision-making process. The EU-funded FMP-Met project will develop a multi-sector, multi-source convective weather information application for flow management position (FMP). The aim is to provide the FMP with an intuitive and interpretable probabilistic assessment of the impact of convective weather on operations, up to 8 hours in advance. The overall goal of the project is to improve decision-making in traffic flow management, which will ultimately reduce flight delays and improve passenger journeys.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR-ER4-05-2019)
- 1st May 2020 – 31st Oct. 2022
- Budget: € 849.000
- Project No: 885919
This project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 885919. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the SESAR JU members other than the Union.
- FMP-Met will be at the 10th International Conference on Research in Air Transportation (ICRAT ’22)The FMP-Met project will attend the 10th International Conference on Research in Air Transportation at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Researchers from the project will present the paper entitled “Probabilistic Analysis of Air Traffic in Adverse Weather Scenarios”. … More FMP-Met will be at the 10th International Conference on Research in Air Transportation (ICRAT ’22)
- ENV and MET SESAR exploratory research projects: key findings and solutions workshopOn the 6th of July 2022, the H2020-SESAR-2019-2 projects are meeting in a workshop in Naples to present the results achieved after almost two years of activity. We will have the opportunity to share the experience gained in the FPM-Met … More ENV and MET SESAR exploratory research projects: key findings and solutions workshop
- FMP-Met #4 Steering Board MeetingThe 4th Steering Board Meeting of the FMP-Met project took place yesterday the 25th of April in the morning. After fertile discussions about traffic complexity we set our next steps for the last stage of the project.