Weather is difficult to predict even with the help of the latest in forecasting technology. But an accurate weather outlook is crucial for air traffic management. As such, meteorological forecast uncertainty should be included in the decision-making process. The EU-funded FMP-Met project will develop a multi-sector, multi-source convective weather information application for flow management position (FMP). The aim is to provide the FMP with an intuitive and interpretable probabilistic assessment of the impact of convective weather on operations, up to 8 hours in advance. The overall goal of the project is to improve decision-making in traffic flow management, which will ultimately reduce flight delays and improve passenger journeys.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR-ER4-05-2019)
- 1st May 2020 – 31st Oct. 2022
- Budget: € 849.000
- Project No: 885919
This project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 885919. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the SESAR JU members other than the Union.
- SESAR 3 JU e-news introduce the FMP-Met projectHow can we stay ahead of the weather in air traffic management? This question is answered in the October edition of the SESAR e-news, in a section of the newsletter that presents the FMP-Met project and discusses our challenge and … More SESAR 3 JU e-news introduce the FMP-Met project
- How can we integrate weather uncertainty information into FMP tools for better decision-making in ATM?Answering this question was the main purpose of the FMP-Met project, which aimed to integrate meteorological forecast uncertainty information into the decision-making process for Flow Management Positions. Learn about the key aspects of the project and the future research plans … More How can we integrate weather uncertainty information into FMP tools for better decision-making in ATM?
- Key findings of the FMP-Met project presented at the ENV/MET SESAR workshop in NaplesWhich were the key results of the FMP-Met project presented at the MET/ENV SESAR workshop in Naples? Download the leaflet to find it out. … More Key findings of the FMP-Met project presented at the ENV/MET SESAR workshop in Naples